Macleod’s Clinical Examination
- Name of the Textbook: Macleod’s Clinical Examination
- Edition: 14 edition (11 June 2018)
- Author: J. Alastair Innes BSc Ph.D. FRCP Ed (Editor), Anna R Dover Ph.D. FRCP(Ed) (Editor)
- Publisher: Elsevier
- ISBN-13: 978-0702069932
- Language: English
- Book: New
- Pay on Delivery: Delivery 3-7 working days
- Return/Replace: 5 Days Replacement/Return Policy
- Cancellation: Not allowed
- Cashback: Pay with Paytm gateway and get 3% refund in 24 hour
5 in stock
This classic textbook aims to assist clinicians to develop the consultation skills required to elicit a clear history, and the practical skills needed to detect clinical signs of disease. Where possible, the physical basis of clinical signs is explained to aid understanding. Formulation of a differential diagnosis from the information gained is introduced, and the logical initial investigations are included for each system.
- The first part of the book addresses the general principles of good interaction with patients, from the basics of taking a history and examining, to the use of pattern recognition to identify spot diagnoses.
- The second part documents the relevant history, examination, and investigations for all the major body systems.
- The third part illustrates the application of these skills in specific clinical situations.
- The final part covers preparation for assessments of clinical skills and the use of these skills in everyday practice.
- The book has accompanying videos demonstrating many of the key clinical examination routines as set out in the book.
- A new editorial team has undertaken a substantial review of the book’s contents and with the help of many new authors has radically revised the order and approach of the text.
- Several new chapters have been created including a chapter on patients with mental disorders; a chapter covering the approach to a deteriorating patient; a chapter on assessment of patients towards the end of life and two new chapters on applying the key clinical skills during assessments and in practice.
- The structure of the text has been rationalized with careful use of boxes, tables, and figures to set out the concepts for maximum clarity.