- Name of the Textbook: Black Medical-Surgical Nursing First South Asia Edition
- Author: Joyce M Black
- Publisher: Elsevier publication South Asia Edition
- Edition: 1 edition (20 June 2019)
- Page No: 2522
- Language: English
- Book: New
- Pay on Delivery: Delivery 3-7 working days
- Return/Replace: 5 Days Replacement/Return Policy
- Cancellation: Not allowed
- Cashback: Pay with Paytm gateway and get 5% refund in 24 hour
8 in stock
Black’s Medical-Surgical Nursing: Clinical Management for Positive Outcomes, First South Asia Edition, takes you from basic to advanced medical-surgical nursing with a number of online resources that make it easier to teach and learn concepts. This text provides a reliable foundation in anatomy and physiology, pathophysiology, medical management, and nursing care for the full spectrum of adult health conditions. The roles of various health care professionals in managing each disorder and disease are clearly outlined, and evidence-based practice and clinical guidelines are integrated throughout the text.
- UNIQUE! Evidence-Based Practice icons identify statements based on primary research or standardized guidelines and teach you to base your practice on solid research evidence.
- Translating Evidence into Practice boxes present a topic in the form of a clinical question and summarize the conclusions of 4-5 research articles, encouraging you to judge the research for yourself and consider how it relates to the nursing setting.
- Care Plans highlight nursing diagnoses and collaborative problems, expected outcomes, interventions with rationales, and evaluation to help you prioritize tasks and determine the appropriate treatment.
- Thinking Critically questions at the end of each nursing care chapter pose short, typical client scenarios followed by questions about what actions to take to test your critical thinking skills.
- Concept Maps illustrate the links among pathophysiological processes, clinical manifestations, medical treatment, and nursing interventions.
- Integrating Pharmacology boxes help you understand how medications can be used for disease management by exploring common classifications of routinely used medications.
- Bridge to Critical Care and Bridge to Home Health Care boxes introduce you to critical care and home health nursing by connecting these related specialties to medical-surgical nursing.
- Feature boxes highlight issues in Critical Monitoring, Management and Delegation, Genetics, Terrorism, Community-Based Practice, and Physical Assessment in the Healthy Adult.
- UNIQUE! The completely revised and newly illustrated chapter on structural cardiac disorders provides the latest information on the expected outcomes of transplantation and related nursing care.
- UNIQUE! A chapter on the management of clients with integumentary disorders includes author Joyce Black’s cutting-edge research on pressure ulcers.
- NIC and NOC labels incorporated throughout the Nursing Care Plans demonstrate the application of these standardized nursing taxonomies to everyday clinical practice.
- UNIQUE! Integrating Diagnostic Studies boxes in every assessment chapter provide examples of laboratory and imaging studies that may be ordered during the course of a client’s illness.
- Safety Alert icons identify common hospital emergencies and The Joint Commission’s patient safety goals and sentinel events to help you keep your patients safe.
1. Image collection
2. Instructor’s manual
3. PowerPoint presentations
1. Case studies
2. Critical thinking questions
3. Guides to clinical pathways
4. Client education guides