- Name of the Textbook: Criminal Procedure
- Edition: 6th
- Author: R V Kelkar
- Publication: EBC Publishing Pvt Ltd
- Language: English
- Book: New
- Pay on Delivery: Delivery 3-7 working days
- Return/Replace: 5 Days Replacement/Return Policy
- Cancellation: Not allowed
- Cashback: Pay with Paytm gateway and get a 3% refund in 24 hour
5 in stock
This classic work provides an interesting and lucid study of the fundamental principles of criminal procedure in a logical sequence. The topic-wise treatment of the subject along with references to academic writings and judicial decisions makes the study of criminal procedure meaningful and comprehensible. The author has incorporated all recent developments in the field of criminal procedure since the publication of the last edition in 2008.
The following are the unique features of the book
The latest case laws including the case of Hardeep Singh (2014) and Dharam Pal (2014) have been incorporated at appropriate places in the book.
Amendments made by the Criminal Law (Amendment) Act, 2013, Code of Criminal Procedure (Amendment) Act, 2010 and Code of Criminal Procedure (Amendment) Act, 2008 are included.
Probing the Problems included at the end of the book are points for classroom discussion.
The book has been designed with a new layout for emphasis and easy reference.
The author has also drawn attention to some ticklish aspects of the Code with a view to generating new thinking in the light of new developments so that the criminal procedure law may grow in tune with the times.
An indispensable book for practicing lawyers, teachers, and students of criminal law; it will also be of immense use to lawyers, judges, police, and other officials concerned with criminal law administration.
Table Of Content:
1. OBJECT, EXTENT, AND SCOPE
2. CONSTITUTION OF CRIMINAL COURTS
3. POLICE, PROSECUTORS, DEFENCE COUNSELS, PRISON AUTHORITIES
4. PRE-TRIAL PROCEEDINGS — GENERAL OBSERvATIONS
5. PRE-TRIAL PROCEDURE: STEPS TO ENSURE ACCUSED’S PRESENCE AT THE TRIAL
6. PRE-TRIAL PROCEDURE: ARREST, AND THE RIGHTS OF THE ARRESTED PERSON
7. PRE-TRIAL PROCEDURE: SEARCH, SEIZURE, AND PRODUCTION OF MATERIALS
8. PRE-TRIAL PROCEDURE: INvESTIGATION BY POLICE
9. LOCAL JURISDICTION OF THE COURTS AND THE POLICE
10. COGNIZANCE OF OFFENCES
11. COMMENCEMENT OF PROCEEDINGS BEFORE MAGISTRATES
13. TRIAL PROCEDURES: PRINCIPAL FEATURES OF FAIR TRIAL
14. TRIAL PROCEDURES: COURTS AND PARTIES
15. TRIAL PROCEDURES: CHARGE
16. TRIAL PROCEDURES: SOME COMMON FEATURES
17. TRIAL PROCEDURES: DISPOSAL OF CRIMINAL CASES WITHOUT FULL TRIAL
18. TRIAL PROCEDURES: PRELIMINARY PLEAS TO BAR TRIAL
19. TRIAL PROCEDURES: TRIAL BEFORE A COURT OF SESSION
20. TRIAL PROCEDURES: TRIAL OF WARRANT CASES BY MAGISTRATES
21. TRIAL PROCEDURES: TRIAL OF SUMMONS CASES AND SUMMARY TRIAL
22. TRIAL PROCEDURES: SPECIAL RULES OF EvIDENCE
24. REvIEW PROCEDURES: APPEALS
25. REvIEW PROCEDURES: REvISION
26. TRANSFER OF CASES
27. EXECUTION, SUSPENSION, REMISSION, AND COMMUTATION OF SENTENCES
28. PREvENTIvE AND PRECAUTIONARY MEASURES
29. PROCEEDINGS FOR MAINTENANCE OF WIvES, CHILDREN, AND PARENTS
30. MISCELLANEOUS PROvISIONS