Value And Peace Education
- Name of the Textbook: Value And Peace Education
- Edition: 1st Semester
- Author(s): Veera Karoli
- Publisher: Thakur Publication
- ISBN: 978-93-88280-95-2
- Language: English
- Book: New
- (Save with offers) Pay with (Debit/Credit,Paytm,UPI,Gpay,Phonepe) and get 3% refund in 24 hr.
- Cash on Delivery: available
- Replace: 5 Days Replacement
- No-Contact Delivery
1) Meaning, Need and importance of value education in the present world.
2) Value System – Role of culture and civilisation.
3) Concept of value in behavioural sciences, nature and sources of values, determinants of values (Biological, Social, Psychological, Ecological) their bearing on education in varying degrees Indian culture and values.
1) Classification of values, material, Social, moral and spiritual, inculcation of values through education, Theories of value, Positive and negative values. Role of education to overcome negative values.
2) Ethical values- Professional ethics, Mass media ethics, advertising ethics; Influence of ethics on family life; Psychology of children and youth- Leadership qualities, Personality development.
3) Family values – Components, structure and responsibilities of family – Neutralisation of anger Adjustability – Threats of family life, Status of women in family and society, Caring for needy and elderly, Time allotment for sharing ideas and concerns.
1) Levels of values realization, value conflict and their resolution development of values as a personal and life long process
2) Social awareness, consumer awareness, consumer rights and responsibilities Redressed mechanisms.
3) Effect of international affairs on values of life, issues of Globalisation – Modern warfare terrorism, Environmental issues – mutual respect of different cultures, religious and their beliefs.
1) Concept of world peace in Indian perspective – Vasudhaiv Kutumbakam, Sarv Dharm Sambhav, Definition, need and Importance of world peace.
2) Relevance of world peace in global world First world war, causes, countries, involved and result establishment of league of nation (10 June 1920) second world war causes, countries involved and result-establishment of U.N.O. (10 October 1945)
3) Some Important Organisations in the world peace; viz., UNESCO, UNO, NAM, SAARC, G-8, G-20, NATO, ASEAN (Year of establishment, Motto, member countries, headquarters) Theosophical Movement and communal harmony for peace.