Essentials of Medical Pharmacology
- Name of the Textbook: Essentials of Medical Pharmacology
- Edition: 8th
- Author: K D Tripathi
- Publisher: Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers
- ISBN: 978-9352704996
- Language: English
- Book: New
- Pay on Delivery: Delivery 3-7 working days
- Return/Replace: 5 Days Replacement/Return Policy
- Cancellation: Not allowed
- Cashback: Pay with Paytm gateway and get 5% refund in 24 hour
5 in stock
- Revised and updated chapters including new drugs and the latest treatment guidelines.
- Wide range of topics from basic pharmacological concepts to practical therapeutics.
- A new chapter on ‘Nitric Oxide and Vasoactive Peptide Signal Molecules’; has been added along with novel drugs that act by modifying the action/turnover of these molecules.
- Priority has been accorded to drugs that are marked in India and their leading brand names are mentioned along with dosage forms.
- List of abbreviations provided at the beginning of the book.
- All recently released drugs are included.
- Eye-catching drug classification charts which help create pictorial memory.
- Several new figures, charts, tables, and highlight boxes have been added.
- Focus on ‘evidence-based medicine’ by extensive reference to credible studies and endpoint trials.
- India-specific information on diseases, drugs and treatment guidelines, particularly for TB, leprosy, Hiv-Aids, malaria, kala-azar, etc.
- Therapeutic recommendations from eminent professional bodies and organizations.
- The ‘Problem Directed Study’ at the end of most chapters provides an exercise in therapeutic decision making.
- Includes Appendices on Solution to Problem Directed Study; Prescribing in Pregnancy; Drugs in Breastfeeding; and Drugs and Fixed-Dose Combinations Banned in India.
- A brief list of useful references for further reading is provided at the end of the book.