Textbook Of Biochemistry For Medical Students
- Name of the Textbook: Textbook Of Biochemistry For Medical Students
- Edition: 9th
- Author: DM Vasudevan
- Publisher: Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers
- ISBN: 9789389034981
- Language: English
- Book: This Is Used Books But Condition Is Good Shop With Confidence
- (Save with offers) Pay with (Debit/Credit, Paytm, UPI, Gpay, or Phonepe) and get a 3% refund in 24 hr.
- Cash on Delivery: available
- Replace: 3 Days Replacement
- No-Contact Delivery
5 in stock
With this Ninth edition, the Textbook of Biochemistry for Medical Students is entering in the 24th year of existence. The Medical Council of India has accepted it as one of the standard textbooks. This book has also reached the hands of medical students of neighbouring countries of Nepal, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, etc; and distant countries in Africa and Europe. The textbook has a Spanish edition, with wide circulation in Central and South America. Slovak edition has also been published. Apart from the medical community, this book has also become popular among other biology group of students in India. The Medical Council of India has recently revised the MBBS curriculum, and this new edition incorporates all the relevant points and strictly adheres to the new curriculum.
• As per revised MCI curriculum.
• Content has been reduced to the undergraduate level.
• Rapid advances in the area of molecular biology have been incorporated.
• Specific Learning Objectives provided at the beginning of each chapter to specify what student should learn from that chapter.
• NEW: Color coding used to represent enzyme names instead of numbers for better readability, i.e. Enzymes presented with Green color; By Products with Red Color, and Compound Names with Black Color.
• NEW: Major pathways have been collated at a single place to make it more reader friendly.
• NEW: Important classifications, facts, tables, cyclic reactions, etc. have been depicted as Key Concepts at the end of chapters for quick revision.
• Relevant and significant mechanisms and theories are explained with the help of schematic diagrams and graphs.
• Chapters on clinical chemistry have been extensively updated and clinically relevant points are added.
• A major attraction of this edition is the incorporation of Clinical Case Studies in almost all the chapters to help students identify the clinical relevance of biochemistry.
• For integrated learning and early clinical exposure (which is a major highlight of the new curriculum), clinical chemistry and applied aspects are incorporated in Boxes, which are “nice to know” for students.
• Chapter summary is provided at the end of each chapter for quick recapitulation
• For last minute revision, Essay Questions, Short Answer Questions, Multiple Choice Questions and Viva Voce Questions are given at the end of each chapter which are compiled from the question papers of various universities from the last decade and have been rephrased as per the new curriculum.
• NEW: New Figures have been added for better reproducibility.
• Appendices provide useful information on abbreviations, normal reference values, conversion chart, recommended daily allowance of essential nutrients, and composition of nutrients in selected common food materials.
• 1200 figures, 200 tables and 200 boxes altogether making the book more student-friendly.