ICSE Modern Indian History Contemporary World & Civics
- Name of the Textbook: ICSE Modern Indian History Contemporary World & Civics
- Class: x
- Author: B.B. Tayal
- School Board/University: ICSE/ISC
- Publisher: Avichal Publishing Company
- ISBN: 978-81-7739-364-4
- Language: English
- Book: New
- (Save with offers) Pay with (Debit/Credit, Paytm, UPI, Gpay, or Phonepe) and get a 3% refund in 24 hr.
- Cash on Delivery: available
- Replace: 3 Days Replacement
- No-Contact Delivery
Out of stock
The Twenty-First Edition of the book appears at a time of momentous changes, both domestic and foreign. Therefore, all the Chapters have been updated and revised.
SECTION-A that examines the nature and working of our democratic polity incorporates the following changes:
Chapter 1 highlights the fact that the Constitution One hundred and Fourth amendment Act did not extend the period of reservation of the two Lok Sabha seats for the Anglo-Indian community in the Lok Sabha. This amendment came into effect on 25 January, 2020.
Chapter 2 examines the nature of Indian polity. Ours being a Parliamentary System of Government, the President was required to act on the advice of the Union council of Ministers with the Prime Minister at the head. In the last Presidential election Smt. Droupadi Murmu got 2824 votes (having a total value of 6,76,803), while shri Yashwant Sinha could muster only 1877 votes that had a total value of 3,80,177. Shri Jagdeep Dhankar was elected as the Vice-President of India on 6 August, 2022.